Monday, February 21, 2011

Week 2- Personal Learning Environment Topic

This week I learned about the tools that are available to help organize information for my personal learning environment.  I usually feel overwhelmed when I begin researching a topic on the internet due to the variety of ways in which information is displayed.  It can be difficult to navigate through the abundance of information while trying to sort through what could be considered scholarly or a credible resource. 

I decided to choose American History as my topic of inquiry for my own personal learning environment (PLE).  This was an easy choice since I teach 7th Grade American History! There are so many wonderful websites, blogs, and other resources on the website that I had to find the best way to organize all of the information on this topic.

Google Reader is an excellent resource to help track all of the information I need for my PLE. I can follow all of my favorite websites and blogs in one convenient location to stay updated on my topic. Google Reader captures the Really Simple Syndication (RSS), which basically means that it alerts me of any new content added to my favorite sites.  This saves time by allowing me to check one website as opposed to all of my favorite websites and blogs on my topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment