Friday, March 4, 2011

Digital Tools for the Classroom

Researching and analyzing resources online can be a daunting task.  Search results can yield thousands of websites, blogs, and other useful information.  The challenge is being able to organize the information that is useful and easily find it again for later use.  Diigo is an amazing online website that helps with digital organization, but it is helpful in so many other ways.  Diigo’s help section boasts that it will “dramatically improve your online productivity.”  After only two weeks of using the resource, I can say that this is the truth!

The best way to describe all of Diigo’s capabilities and resources is to post the picture “Evolution of Diigo” that is on their website.  It have also attached the video description found on the website. 




As an educator, I signed up for the classroom Diigo pioneer program which lets me assign accounts to my students.  I am excited to allow my students to use the tool in my classroom to help organize the information, pictures, and other resources they find as we begin our Civil War unit in American History.  I can collect and organize websites for my students to use and it allows the students to connect for collaborative learning.  I can also collaborate and share lesson plans and ideas with other teachers.  Overall, I am very excited to personally use Diigo and allow my students to use the new resource in my classroom!

2 comments:

  1. I too started using Diigo, and find it to be very helpful! Have you downloaded the toolbar? I have found it to be extremely beneficial when I am reading information online to find the key ideas and points. I think this is a great tool that will advance educational practices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not downloaded the tool bar yet! I will have to look into that. I really like the fact that I can keep track and organize all of the information I find online. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete